Saturday 17 August 2013

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue





{17th August}
I am very lucky to have a plethora of garden roses growing in the garden.  They aren't long stemmed roses so they needs a small vessel to house them - a jam jar or teapot.  I used my lovely flower print Cath Kidston teapot for the garden roses I picked last week for the living room.  Really cute little arrangement.

My pink roses in the garden tend to have slightly longer stems if you are selective when picking which allows for slightly deeper vases.  I have 2 vintage milk bottles that I bought from a flea market in Brighon.  They are perfect for little flower displays.

I love the idea of using unusual containers for my flowers and I love this idea for my shop bought rose this week - a storage jar placed on a beautiful delicate plate on our coffee table.

I love jars, wine bottles, and tea cups for flower displays.  It would be great to hear what you use as vases.

Happy Saturday



No comments:

Post a Comment