This chicken and chickpea curry as a definite winner in our house. It came about due to the fact that I had very little in the house, so I had to use up the ingredients I did have.
1 Can Chickpeas
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Small Courgette
1 Clove Garlic
1tsp Medium Curry Powder
300ml Vegetable Stock
1tbsp Cream Cheese (I chosen lactofree cream cheese)
I followed this Jamie Oliver recipe for the bread
- Cover the chicken in flour, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Fry the chicken until brown and add the onions, garlic, courgette and curry powder.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and the chickpeas and simmer until the stock reduces and the chicken is tender.
- Take the curry off the heat and stir in the cream cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on the plate and sprinkle with fresh coriander. Serve with rice and bread.