I think I have found a new love in life - nail transfers! Oh my word I love them. They were so easy to apply, so simple to use and look brilliant.
I have tried foil nail wraps and gel overlays, neither of which were really that successful or easy to use. These nail transfers from Amazon were exactly what I was looking for. They are just like the old transfer tattoos you used as a child. They came as a sheet of 20 flowers that you can then arrange as you want. I decided to use just one flower per nail but, in the image on Amazon, by the looks of it they have used a couple.
Here's how I created this look:
- Paint nails with 2 layers of Essie's Figi.
- Cut out the transfer from the piece of paper
- Drop the transfer into water for about 20 seconds
- Take out of the water with tweezers
- Slide off the plastic layer and place transfer down on to the nail
- Hold in place for a minute or two and you will find the other plastic sheet gradually peels off and leaves the transfer in place
- Once the transfers are in place and look like they have stuck paint a layer of clear vanish over the top.
- Ta Da! beautiful nails