Monday 15 July 2013

What's making me smile...

Pink Lilies - A nice Friday surprise from my Hubby
{15th July}

It's always nice to look back on what has made me smile this last week.  Sometimes I feel a bit down, not for any reason, I just feel a bit sad.  I think I have realised it is when I get bored and don't have anything fun to do.

That can't be said for this weekend just gone! I didn't even have time to breath but it made for a really brilliant weekend.  

On Friday we had a spontaneous evening at my friend Gabs house, playing on the karaoke, drinking much wine, and a midnight swim in her pool!

On Saturday we had planned to travel back to my parents house in Canterbury to rendezvous with my cousins and my maid of honour.  We had a lovely BBQ, played some croquet, dipped our toes in the paddling pool, and then spent the evening watching our wedding video that had finally arrived in the post.

On Sunday morning we woke up early so that G and my cousin could go go-karting.  G has really got into it recently and I really enjoying going along to watch, especially as the track on Sunday was outside - so I was able to sit in the sun!

Sunday afternoon started at about 12 with a call from our friend asking if we wanted complimentary tickets to Goodwood Festival of Speed for the rest of the afternoon! Um...yes!!!!  It was so brilliant, we had such a good afternoon.  The weather was glorious and I think the two highlights of the day were 1. meeting Bruno Senna (such a major crush on him!) and 2. Watching the Red Arrows aerial display at the end of the day.

There is nothing worse than being tired on a Monday morning, but there is also nothing better than knowing you couldn't possible have crammed anything else into your weekend.

New Life - Baby Olivia Chloe was born 1 month ago
We are so pleased to welcome our new 2nd cousin into the family.
The boys were ready for action in all their kit!

Yes! It's weather for a 99.
O.M.G What a hottie!

Me and one of my greatest loves - A Caterham 7

Desperately wish this was clearer - the Red Arrows drawing a heart in the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment