Wednesday 13 November 2013

Recipe: Warming Sausage and Bean Casserole




I may have mentioned before that I don't really do recipes.  I tend to just pop stuff all in the pan and see what happens (unless I'm baking when it needs to be precise).

I fancied doing something a bit different for dinner last night and searched online for sausage casserole.  I found this brilliant 'Great Sausage Casserole' from the Hairy Bikers and popped to the shop to grab bacon and worcestershire sauce so that I made it exactly as the recipe suggested (although I didn't use the Bay leaves as not keen on the flavour).

Ooooooh it was good - those Hairy Bikers sure know what they are talking about!  Served with green beans and new potatoes this was definitely a fantastic home cooked autumn warmer.  Beats packaged food any day!

Perfect supper with Country Living and a big glass of Heritage Road Shriaz Merlot 2011.  Yumtastic!




No comments:

Post a Comment