Monday 5 August 2013

Sunday Brunch



{5th August}

We like to spend a Sunday morning watching Sunday Brunch on Channel 4.  This is quite often accompanied by pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon and maple syrup - true American style. 

However this Sunday I was completely inspired by one of the cooking sections on Sunday Brunch with Omar Allibhoy.  Very sexy spanish accent on a Sunday morning! Lovely!

I popped over to Sainsbury's to buy all the fresh ingredients to cook our own Tapas for lunch.  On the menu we had: Crusty bread, spanish black and green olives, manchego cheese and palma ham, grilled langoustine cooked in garlic and parsley oil, chorizo in cider, meatballs in tomato and paprika sauce, and patatas bravas.

To be honest I have never cooked any of these before and I don't tend to cook to recipes.  My mum used to get cross with me for never reading a recipe properly, and now I just don't really bother.  I like to make it up as I go along.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  For the langoustine and chorizo I listened to the ingredients that Omar put into his dishes and elaborated, and for the meatballs and patatas bravas I just sort of made it up!

I'm pleased to say that all worked very well and I will definitely be cooking them again.

Recipes to follow.


Langoustine in parsley and garlic oil

Chorizo in Cider

Patatas Bravas

No comments:

Post a Comment