Sunday 4 August 2013

Life as a Wife...

Photobooth from MCH Photobooths was perfect.
They provided double copies so the guests could take one, and we could keep one. Such a wonderful idea.  We have a lovely album full of memories.

{4th August}

It was 3 months ago that I walked down the aisle in St Mary's Church towards G to become his wife.  It most definitely still feels very strange when I call him my husband - it feels a bit like I'm telling a lie!  But it does feel nice.  

There is something about having a husband that makes you feel more secure.  I think we actually see each other less now than before we got married, but I have heard a lot of my newly wed friends say this.  I think it is because you know that the other person is going to be there when you come home, no matter what.  And you know what you will be spending the rest of your life with this person, so what does it matter if you spend a few days apart.

I am desperately missing planning the wedding.  We were engaged for nearly 2 years and I loved every minute of planning our wedding.  I can definitely say that I feel a bit lost now that it's all over.

We had a very DIY wedding.  Not necessarily to cut costs, but just because we wanted to put everything we were into it and really make it feel like 'us', rather than just a wedding.  We made bunting, designed the invitations, packed up 100 bags of confetti, made the table plan, and favours.  It was so lovely seeing all of our hard work put into place on the day.

Here are some of my favourite pictures on the day...

In the Wedding Ceremony just after we had been pronounced husband and wife.

We used this ampersand which normally hangs on our living room wall.
Props are a really good idea for the photographs if you don't want that formal, stuffy look.

G noticed this old red phone box across the green from the church and it adds a fun element to the pictures.
Our photographer was a fine artist before she started on weddings, which meant she took the most beautiful, inspired, unique pictures.
Love this one that she took through my veil.

We had our guests create two lines down either side of the drive, meaning we could walk through the confetti, giving people a chance to throw loads and we got some really lovely shots.
This was one of my most favourite things of the day.

We decanted confetti from its original containers into these sweetie bags and placed them in a picnic basket - keeping everything on the seaside theme.

This one is one of my favourites.  It's so different and in an age where iphones play such a big part in our lives it seemed very appropriate.




No comments:

Post a Comment