Last night was a recipe that I had wanted to try for ages but I wasn't sure what G would think. However it turned out to be a massive winner and a definite on the 'do it again' list.
I amalgamated lots of recipes together and did a search in general for butternut squash pasta, and then used the different flavour combinations to create this recipe.
Am loving the rigatoni with this. Never used it before as normally a fusilli or penne lover, but I'm going to be sticking to rigatoni now - love it!
1 clove garlic
1 red chilli (you want to have a good bite to the meal but just use as much chilli as you like)
1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 tub passata (500g)
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 butternut squash
Salt and pepper
200g dried rigatoni
- Chop butternut squash and roast with salt, pepper, olive oil, rosemary sprigs.
- In a pan heat some oil and cook the chopped onion, garlic and chilli.
- Pour in the passata and rosemary and mix
- Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the butternut squash once roasted to the sauce.
- Cook the pasta and once cooked toss into the sauce.
- Pour into bowls and add the shredded proccutio on top.